Monday, February 23, 2009

Arch-Nemesis

Today's department lunch involved my succumbing to sweet, sweet temptation. That's right. Bacon cheeseburger and fries. And a Boddington's.

Sits in my stomach like a stone. Even now after an hour and a half of all kinds of martial arts crazy (which I SUCK at... just so we're clear).

Apparently my head was bleeding. We weren't even done with warm-ups and some gal stopped me and told me I was bleeding.

I still don't know how.

Must have been a tiny cut, but boy... people moved fast to make sure I wasn't dying.

Flattering, I guess.

Quite the introspective day, actually. I think perhaps I have all the emotional maturity of an eggplant in most ways that matter. Kind of amusing and disturbing by turns.

I am my own worst enemy. That's for damn sure.

And on that topic, I'm considering getting a new TV after this weekend's cable debacle. An LCD TV isn't cheap, though. I can afford it, but I'm just really wary of coughing up that much cash.

But the TV. It calls to me...

And then the crashing reality hits me that I can't actually move my current TV without help (and a truck).

Good times.

1 comment:

VM Brasseur said...

Truck I can't do but help I can...however only if you promise to go 1080p for your new set. Anything less would be a crime and you'd deserve to move your old set by your lonesome.