Friday, February 6, 2009

Pushing around

I just got back from watching Push.

It was an enjoyable matinee.

I've seen better, I've seen worse. In this particular genre, I've seen much, much worse, so I'm inclined to give this film a '7' and move on.

The film is essentially about a bunch of people with superpowers. There are two primary protagonists and they're facing off against more than one shadowy group of bad guys.

It starts out moderately clear and straightforward, but the story gets garbled under the weight of its backstory and there are plot holes that you could drive a bus through. Oh, and the ending all but shouts "please make a sequel of me" or a TV series.

I'm not sure it needs either, but I'd probably watch a sequel or TV series if either were made.

It's still more coherent than all of "Heroes" has been on TV, but that's not saying much.

It's a fun action flick. Don't go with expectations and you might enjoy it.

No comments: