Thursday, February 19, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE ZOD

I hate Superman.

I think I always have.

I never got the appeal. He's super fast/strong/blah-blah-blah and he can't be hurt by anything except Kryptonite and magic stuff.

Kind of made all his heroics a bit hollow, especially since he seems like a bit of a grandstanding dick, depending on who writes his adventures.

And apparently, I'm not the only person who feels this way.

I was always a bigger fan of Batman, who was just a guy who trained to become a superhero or (my personal favorite) Green Lantern who required imagination and will to make things happen. In truth, I always favored the Marvel superheroes 'cause they seemed more human and flawed (until I grew disenchanted with Marvel's offerings of utter crap).

That said, I shouldn't be so harsh on Supes. One of my best friends in the world is a fan, but he pretty much knows my take on Kal-El and we're still friends.

And from Superman came one of my favorite quotes (see the post title)

1 comment:

Schadwen said...

There's only D in Zod.

And "goofy green hands" don't take much imagination. But then that's why I liked Kyle Rayner over Hal Jordan.