Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Psychic Pancakes

Getting started on any kind of writing assignment is the hardest part of writing, in my opinion. Be it writing for my job, writing a story, or writing for my hobby.

I'm at a peculiar crossroads this week in that I'm hitting that bump both on my job and in my hobby.

Job takes priority, obviously. It's sad that I find it easier to get started on the hobby.

I do love my job but there are days where I'd love to have that "Cone of Silence" from that old TV show "Get Smart" and completely isolate myself from many of the folks I work with. I think today might be one of those days. I'm perusing my (work) email and I'm already irritated.

It's quite the morning. I woke up to a revelation that's made me re-think a couple of my personal relationships. I nearly got run off the road. Again. I've got a long day, which may-or-may not mean I miss class this afternoon. "Fringe" wasn't on last night (whiiiiinnnneeee). And my work email is making me wonder why I got up.

I guess we're all entitled to days like that. At least it's a short work week.

No comments: