Thursday, February 19, 2009

You're Undead to Me

I learned some ground-work techniques last night in class. I haven't done wrestling since I was in high school (which was a looooooooooooong time ago...). It was a hoot.

It's a definite advantage being a bit bigger than average. It's not so much of that advantage when you're paired up with even bigger partners. There were a couple of points in last night's class when I was fairly sure an arm or two was going to be popped loose of a shoulder socket.

I'm still not certain everything is where it's supposed to be.

---

I feel a bit crazed with all the prep work juggling I'm doing for my new campaign. It's kind of like juggling flaming chainsaws while deranged two-year-olds gnaw on your knees.

Only fun.

I think perhaps this is all some form of therapy. I'm not sure what it's treating.

I'm not sure I want to know.

---

I just looked at my list of... oh I don't want to call them "New Year's Resolutions"... Hm. Let's call them "life plans that happen to coincide with..."

Oh hell with it. They're New Year's Resolutions.

I've actually accomplished most of the list. Got one outstanding thing left. I want to re-up my long-expired First Aid/CPR certification with Red Cross.

Seventy bucks. Going to set me back 7 hours. I could do it on a weekend, I think. That or I take a day off from work.

I could get certified through work, but I'm not really keen on getting added responsibilities.

---

After chatting with one of my friends and receiving a sort of "audit", I've found out I'm woefully unprepared for a zombie apocalypse.

Oh, I have machete-like things for close zombie troubles, but as my friend points out: you don't want them close to you. That's a last resort. You tire, but zombies don't.

He recommended I take a gun safety course, then look into large-caliber firearms (his emphasis was shotguns).

I'm not a big fan of firearms. They make me nervous. One mishap with a firearm is going to result in large holes in things.

I'm okay for food stores, at least for a short time. But food scavenging (hitting local grocery stores for canned goods after civilization collapses) will require more firepower to ensure safety. Can't stay locked up forever.

Still, I think I'll take my chances that the powers-that-be will find a resolution to the zombie apocalypse before I run out of food.

My friend's reply when I said that:

"You're undead to me."

I'm totally eating his brain when the time comes.

No comments: