Friday, February 20, 2009

Cargo Pants

I love cargo pants.

I love garments with pockets in them. Big ol' pockets.

I love carrying lots of things. Little tools. Not-so-little tools. Pocketknife. Flashlight (or two). Notebook. Cell phone. Camera. Watch. Pen(s).

And then there's the essentials: keys, money, ID and various other cards.

When I tally it all up, I carry a lot of junk. When I empty my pockets, I always flash back to that one good scene out of "Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome" when Max disarms himself for about five minutes.

Okay my stuff really doesn't count as weapons (unless a three-inch pocketknife sounds intimidating and you really believe a pen is mightier than the sword).

Still, it weighs a body down.

Good thing I wear a belt or I'd have that street look of wearing one's pants down by mid-thigh (which would look especially retarded on me).

No comments: