Friday, June 12, 2009

Zipping along

June is nearly half-over (technically Monday, but that's why I said "nearly") and I'm trying to figure out why time is moving so fast.

This work week felt insanely long, but I expected that after all the random bits of time-off I took in previous weeks. All the same, I can't recall much in terms of specifics over the week to give me mental landmarks for passage of time.

My weekends are another matter. Maybe that's why time seems to be buzzing by so quickly.

Last weekend was mostly a "me" weekend. The rest of June is busier. I've got a nerdfest tomorrow with a full-house of seven players. I expect that will push me over the edge. I have a family thing Sunday.

Next week I hope to finish some of my more tedious work projects and get answers on a few others so I can get the morass moving. I'm hoping to up my exercise by bike riding on the days I'm not attending class after work.

I'm going to a friend's wedding the following Saturday. Should be a hoot. Sunday after that is Father's Day, which should be bizarre, as my family is celebrating it this Sunday for some reason.

I'd initially said I'd go camping with friends at the end of June, but money is kind of tight this month, so I think I'm going to bail on that. By then, June's pretty much done.

July should be a hoot. Erik turns 40.

No comments: