Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I... I...

I don't know what to do!

I've been gaming (table-top or email RPGs) for months now. Now my modern-era campaign is in epilog mode (and at least one player is out-of-town, stalling matters) and I have to find something to do with my spare mental processes.

Oh, I know! Martial arts class!

No... wait. I suck at that. Seriously. I really suck. It's embarrassing how much I suck. And yet I'm still going. Oh wait, that's not news.

To spin this into a completely bizarre segue, I rode my bike this morning and confirmed that the muscles used for bicycle riding are completely different than the muscles used in jogging and in martial arts.

The pain is pretty similar, though.

I'm in need of new reading material. I've re-re-re-re-read Garth Nix's Sabriel and need something else. I've found my copy of Scott Lynch's The Lies of Locke Lamora. That should suit me for a bit, I expect.

I'd buy something to read at the local Borders, but their selection of stuff pretty much sucks arse. They barely carry DVDs and music at all now and their book selection is unimpressive in the areas I like to read (sci-fi and fantasy).

This leads me to irritation over lumping science fiction together with fantasy.

They're distinctly different genres! Why do people insist upon putting them in the same part of the store? 'Cause the nerds are the same? I take exception to that.

Of course, most of the books in these sections now are fantasy... really mostly vampire bullshit.

Goddamn "Twilight".

I'm testy this morning.

Can you tell?

No comments: