Saturday, June 27, 2009

Moore of it

I recorded "Virtuality" while I was out enjoying tiki drinks last night.

It's another Ron Moore offering.

If you don't recognize the name, Ron Moore is half of the brain's trust that brought the world a re-imagined "Battlestar Galactica".

You may have heard of it.

I still want to punch Ronald D. Moore and David Eick for the finale to BSG and I still refuse to watch "Caprica" or the "The Plan" (an attempt to close a few of the many, many plot holes BSG left behind). That said, when FOX decided to air "Virtuality", I figured I should give it a try.

io9 loved it. It's summer and any kind of science fiction is a bit sparse.

I just finished watching it.

Can't say I'm impressed.

Oh, the actors are excellent. They're well-cast and appear to be interesting. The premise is intriguing but the paranoiac mystery-plot didn't grab me. It sounded too much like a bad "Star Trek: The Next Generation" holodeck episode.

Besides, knowing Moore, the whole thing is probably being engineered by angels.

Yep. I still want to punch him.

No comments: