Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Minor Frustration

My dad and I share a love of "Burn Notice". Given that Father's Day approaches (despite the fact we've already pretty much celebrated it), and given that season two came out on DVD today, I thought I'd price out the copies.

If it was cheap enough, I'd pick up a copy for Dad and another for me. If it wasn't, then getting it for Dad is good enough.

So I walked over to Borders at lunch. I found the blu-ray version - which does me no good - but saw no sign of the normal DVD version.

I went to the catalog. It said they had no DVDs for the show in stock at all - clearly an error given the blu-ray version was a few feet away - so I went to find someone to take a better look.

No regular DVD in stock. The helpful salesperson said that Borders only ordered two copies of regular DVD and they were already sold out.

Two copies.

Two.

Two for one of the more popular summertime shows.

Yeah.

I politely thanked the clerk for his help and took a walk out to Barnes & Noble. Sure, I could order the show on Amazon, but that takes time.

Barnes & Noble not only carried copies (they had one left when I got there), it was actually cheaper there.

Clearly there's stocking issues at these stores, but just for fun I took a walk through the B&N. Their stock was superior to Borders in every way that matters to me.

I'd totally do all my shopping at B&N if they offered free memberships for discounts instead of their ridiculous annual fee.

As it stands now, I'm wondering why I give my money to either store and just don't go the much cheaper route of Amazon all the way.

No comments: