Monday, June 8, 2009

Crazy Countries

North Korea. Yeah.

So...

I don't get it. I don't get the Iraq invasion and all that when even people-on-the-street were pretty sure North Korea was closer to nukes than Iraq ever was.

So we invaded Iraq and let North Korea get closer to building functional nukes.

And now they're prepping missles.

And they have two American journalists put away in a labor camp. And they're sentenced for twelve years hard labor! According to one of the journalists' sister, one has an ulcer that requires medical care. Another has a four year old daughter.

The country keeps sabre rattling against South Korea, Japan, and even the U.S.

They've admitted to kidnapping Japanese citizens off the streets of Japanese cities.

And all the U.N. and anyone seems to do is just slap 'em on the wrist.

I'm not sure I'm suggesting invasion or anything crazy like that. I expect the situation is complicated. North Korea's army is huge, their leader is crazy, and I expect China would be unenthusiastic about any kind of armed conflict next to their borders.

To me that suggests maybe China should get off its ass and do something about their buddy in the northern half of the Korean penninsula, though.

And it would be nice if North Korea would send us our citizens back. Yesterday, please.

No comments: