Thursday, June 25, 2009

A fortune of fortunes

Today's fortunes plucked from my bag of fortune cookie rejects of which I'm eating entirely too much:

The stock market may be your ticket to success

You will soon be involved in many gatherings and parties

You will be showered with good luck tomorrow!

So yesterday's was: A pleasant surprise is in store for you soon.

Yesterday's fortune rang strangely true as I had a number of pleasant surprises yesterday.

I'm disinclined to believe the stock market will do me any favors in my lifetime any more than I think other types of gambling (poker, Lotto, blind dates, etc.) will be much help.

Gatherings and parties? Hm. I'm invited to a Fourth of July party. Odds are fair I'll be doing something for the various summer birthdays. The monthly game gatherings certainly count.

Good luck tomorrow? Well, it's Friday tomorrow. That's a good start. Got plans to meet up with a couple of friends for drinks. So far that one is promising as well.

Maybe tomorrow I'll find that my Roth IRA and 401(k) are suddenly worth ten times what they were yesterday (or today) while I'm overjoyed with that, I'll hit multiple parties, win the Lottery, shack up with the woman of my dreams (which dreams? Let's not go there...) and buy an island fortress somewhere so I can better plot my takeover of the world.

Or maybe the fortunes are bullshit. Could go either way, really.

No comments: