Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Squee

Yes, I did write "squee" in my blog header.

Packages "out for delivery" today.

Yes, I have bought a lot of junk lately.

No, I probably can't afford it.

Yes, I just placed an order for a book I'm curious about via Amazon... just perpetuating the spending problem.

Unrelated: John Simm and Timothy Dalton are supposed to appear in the final RTD-penned episode of "Dr. Who" that will star David Tennant.

Oh, even better? Dalton is in Time Lord garb.

Oh yeah!

Gotta love a race of time-travellers who completely and utterly lack any kind of fashion sense.

So Simm... gotta mean the Master is coming back. WOOT!

My friend Mackie came up with the ideal casting for the next Doctor:

Ian McShane

Yes, we could picture it. Ian McShane exiting the TARDIS in a black suit cut likely in a Victorian style, complete with a walking stick (that may or may not be a sword cane). One stare and Daleks wet themselves while Cybermen rediscover the "fear" emotion.

Yeah.

To top this? Anthony Stewart Head as the Master.

Sure, there's arguments that Head would be an awesome Doctor (and he would) while McShane would be a spectacular Master (and he would), but like Mackie, I like the twist of having the really scary McShane as the heroic Doctor.

Especially since the first Doctor was a bit of an anti-hero.

Would be a nice, full-circle, kind of thing.

Yep. I'm productive today.

No comments: