Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Weekend so far away

I have a game this weekend.

I've been tempted to cancel it several times over the last few weeks. The logistics of getting participation and commitment from six players with busy lives is a tad overwhelming and we've converted to new rules. I'm pushing to get conversion info from them, as I dislike surprises and there are always surprises in conversions.

Several crises have slowed things a bit and one of my players had to unexpectedly cancel for Saturday, which nudged me closer to canceling the game (his character is kind of important to the plot). I've also had to nag a few others a lot for their conversion stats... and I hate having to nag. I have one straggler left.

I often wonder why I chose the hobbies I have. It must be some kind of poorly-buried sense of masochism or something. I get a sense of accomplishment at the end, but I dunno if the headaches for the game are worth it anymore. At least I get physical exercise out of the abuses of my martial arts class. My takeaway from the games is getting to be less and less every time. It's my nature to pour a lot of energy into creative stuff like this, even if my "creativity" is really just a bunch of obsessive-compulsive, derivative crap.

It's exhausting and it does pull me away from other endeavors.

Bah.

No comments: