Monday, April 13, 2009

Religiosity

Apparently I don't have it.

Despite the fact that my family reminded me multiple times that I was coming by on Sunday for "Easter dinner", I completely forgot that Sunday was, in fact, Easter.

So imagine my surprise when I hit the supermarket and found it remarkably un-crowded. Those few people I encountered were adorned in pastels. Lots of pastels.

And my comic book store was closed. CLOSED!!!!

I was not pleased with that development.

I spent Saturday doing a series of random things. I hit a Lao cultural festival thingie in S.F., then I wound up at a friend's 40th birthday and imbibed a fair amount of good beer while eating until near-bursting.

So I'm claiming that threw me off on Sunday. It's a lie, but I'm comfortable with that.

I did manage to remember to make dessert for Sunday. Very tasty cookies. I need to use up the egg stuff I have, so I made brownies for my co-workers today. They're quite tasty.

I got ahold of the score to "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles", despite the fact that I find the show unworthy of airtime. The music is by the guy who did the BSG soundtrack. I like it, but every now and again I can detect the BSG elements in the composer's work and it makes me flash back.

I'm still not over the finale.

I'm sensing a theme with this guy's music. Pun intended.

No comments: