Monday, April 6, 2009

Losing my Faith

Heh.

So I caught Friday's "Dollhouse" and still held out hope this show would actually improve. Being a Whedon fan, I'm inclined to give a lot of leeway. I like Eliza Dushku and I'm a fan of Tahmoh Penikett and Amy Acker.

I've really tried to like this show.

The latest episode just failed to make me care. I really have to wonder why I'm wasting any of my time recording this.

The premise, while interesting, is not really engaging. I can't make myself care about the characters. Hell, most of the appear to have signed themselves up to be playthings for the rich and shameless.

There was one twist with one character who was apparently "given" or "sold" to the Dollhouse for "saying no". I do want to give a shout-out for bringing Vincent Ventresca in for that scene. I do miss I-Man terribly.

Still, it's just not a gripping story.

Thanks for the effort Joss, but I'm going to have to pass on the rest of this season.

No comments: