Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A big "hmm"

I watched last night's "Reaper" and I'm of mixed feelings about it. Last week's was pure genius (in my humble opinion), but this week's seemed to fall short a lot. It tried to do too much and never really went the distance with any of the plot threads. Ben was neurotic over his relationship with Nina-the-Demon. No shocker there. Sock said incredibly stupid things. No shocker there. Sam... ah poor Sam. No shocker there.

The soul of the week was pretty random this time.

This one gets a "meh" from me. Still mildly-entertaining, but they can do better.

I haven't seen my recording of "Fringe" yet. Monsters and sewers are in the making, so I am expecting schlocky-goodness.

While coming in this morning, I saw something dash past my field of vision. At first I thought it was a really-misplaced fox. Then I thought it was a huge rat.

It was neither. It was someone's dog and the little thing got loose. It was skittish and wouldn't come near me. Sad, 'cause it's in danger of getting hit by cars in this area.

It's distracting me 'cause I want to head out and find the poor thing and call its owner.

Of course, it's run off by now. Alas.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I do agree about Reaper, it's a patchy show at times, but the good patches (the Devil, the mytharc, the dialog, and --some of-- the characters) make it worthwhile, I think. Glad you keep watching!