Thursday, March 19, 2009

Want!

I am trying to control a bout of impulse spending.

I really am.

Then I see stuff like this and I find I start having trouble.

"It's only nineteen bucks," the seductive voice whispers from the back of my mind. "What's that with shipping? Not quite $25?"

"I don't want to blow $25," the rational part of my brain replies (it's a soft, quiet voice that befits its tiny stature). "Plus I don't want to have to create another account on another site!"

"You know you want it," the seductive voice purrs. "You know you do. You got money back from taxes."

"It's a freakin' recession!" the tiny rational voice exclaims.

"Yes," the seductive voice replies. "And you are doing your part to help stimulate the economy."

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" the tiny voice cries out desperately.

This entire dialog would go differently if I had not blown a couple hundred on the iPod Nano (which I am still wavering on keeping or returning).

No comments: