Thursday, March 19, 2009

Reaping the Reaper

Tuesday had another fine episode of this season's "Reaper".

I found myself pretty drawn in to this episode more than I have been with others.

I like "Reaper", but I consider it mostly brain-candy. I don't expect much but lots of Ray Wise being awesome as the Devil and the gang being dumb.

This ep was bang-on awesome.

- the "soul of the week" was a nice twist this time around
- the Devil's side activities just get more and more darkly comical
- Andi's new role is interesting
- Andi v. Sock was just pure awesome. I loved Sam's advice for dealing with Sock.
- Ben's relationship with Nina is just surreal

Overall for the season:
- I like the occasional zings Sam is getting in on the Devil.
- The storyline with Sock and his "sister" is both hysterical and deeply disturbing
- Adding Eriko Tamura and Jenny Wade to the cast along with Missy Peregrym makes me happy for reasons I shouldn't have to explain

I can't help but wonder if Sock is the real son of the Devil... or perhaps just another of the Devil's offspring.

Let's face it, he's more-suited to general evil and bringing about the downfall of humanity than Sam is.

No comments: