Thursday, March 5, 2009

Painless

The numbness has worn off. I feel fine. No pain. No sensitivity. Nada.

Sah-wheet!

I even had time to make pasta sauce!

Despite a lack of real enthusiasm for the film, I'm going to go see Watchmen tomorrow with a buddy of mine. If the crowds are nuts, we'll blow it off and grab drinks.

Can't argue with that plan.

Of course, it means I must choose between recording "Dollhouse" or "Battlestar Galactica" tomorrow night, but I can do that.

Honestly, I don't expect "Dollhouse" to survive a full season and BSG ends in a week or two.

Why am I not excited about Watchmen? Hard to say. The graphic novel was good. It didn't knock my socks off or anything, but it was a great read. Alan Moore's stories are always engaging.

There's no way in hell Hollywood can transition Moore's prose to the big screen and not horribly screw it up.

It's simply not possible.

Oh, it will be a pretty movie. The trailers prove that. I've no doubt it will be delightful eye-candy, but I'd prefer more for ten bucks and change. It's sad that I don't expect I'll get it.

No comments: