Friday, March 13, 2009

Adolescence Loop

It's still early. I walked with a co-worker to one of the local coffee providers, since there's often sketchy sorts walking about in the wee-hours o' th' mornin', so I was really a "bodyguard".

I'm going for my second cup of coffee in an hour or two when my regular "coffee buddy" comes in to the office.

So my co-worker and I enter the local coffee provider and she orders her pastry and coffee. I linger back and suddenly revert to 15.

Really pretty young woman working behind the counter. I've seen her before working there (I pay attention to these details).

And suddenly I find myself having trouble maintaining my conversation with my co-worker.

It's like I've suddenly reverted to being a teenager again and I can't think around pretty girls. Good lord.

I mentioned this to one of my friends on IM and his useless advice was funny: "Hey, just go back there and ask her (the young woman at the coffee shop) out."

Yeah... I'm just going to walk back in there like a stalker and ask out a total stranger when she's already short-circuited my brain earlier.

Clearly I'm not socially-functional enough to do stuff like that.

I am socially-functional enough to find this totally funny.

No comments: