Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Well that was interesting

I agreed to help a friend out at lunch by doing one of the things I'm pretty good at: standing around.

I think the intention was for me to be a "bodyguard". I doubt I intimidated anyone, but I was happy to help my friend out and keep her company on her errand.

The bonus was lunch. Vietnamese sandwiches from some unknown place in Chinatown. Before that I picked up some spongecakes and a massive bag of broken fortune cookies for practically nothing.

The sandwich was damn good. I mean really good. I'm converted now.

There's got to be something in it that's not good for me. Damned if I can figure out what.

Oh well. Tomorrow's gonna suck a bit. I have an afternoon meeting that will likely interfere with after-work plans. Such is life, I guess.

I can't complain too much. At least I'm employed.

No comments: