Friday, July 31, 2009

Friday Activities

After sleeping in (I think I netted about 10 hours of sleep last night), I headed out to deal with my day.

My plans were simple:

1) Go to the DMV

2) Go entertain a cat for a few hours

Not too onerous in terms of duties.

Why the DMV? Well, I recently renewed my driver's license and realized my photo and a few other details are a bit off. I thought it would be pretty easy to update them on my day off. Since I mailed off my renewal and it's unlikely the DMV (being a government agency) has even come close to beginning to process it, I figured it wouldn't be too difficult to just update the database with a more accurate photo and the like.

Why yes, I am naive at times.

So yes, that was silly. The DMV wait was pretty short... maybe ten minutes on the outside to talk to a person. The clerk was very polite, efficient, and to the point.

The message wasn't what I'd hoped for. I have to wait 'till my updated license comes in the mail, then jaunt in and cough up $22 to update the details. The clerk explained to me (as though I'm a complete idiot) that if I'd wanted all the details updated at the same time, I should have just done the renewal in person.

I guess now I know.

So then I was off to see the cat. This cat is freakin' huge. It's a massive thing, fed with sides of cow and maybe the odd small child to keep it from devouring the rest of the city block.

And he's an energetic, furry guy.

Laser pointers are awesome for this stuff.

I availed myself of some beers (albeit a bit earlier than I should have, but I digress) and played with the cat for a while.

Now I can chill 'till class.

No comments: