Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The best laid plans...

So I had a good, solid plan this week. I'd attend class regularly and enjoy the warm weather by bicycling on my non-class days.

Since Friday evening is booked, I'd get up early Friday morning and attend class to get my training/exercise in.

It was a good plan.

That was until tonight's class.

I got about an hour into class when we were doing an exercise for evading 2 on 1 attacks.

I was against two higher ranks (one of whom was a black belt). They were damn fast. I backpedaled in an effort to get away.

I'm not entirely sure what happened after that. Suddenly there was this sharp, terrible pain in my calf.

I wasn't standing after that. I wasn't thinking too clearly.

I'm still not sure what happened. Apparently I pulled something and it spasmed.

Sweet bejebus did it hurt.

I couldn't stand unaided for a good half hour. After a liberal does of Ben Gay, it still hurt to stand and walk.

My trek back to the BART station was one of the longest walks I can recall. The walk home from the BART station felt longer. The stairs in my apartment building were incredibly unwelcome.

I don't think I'll be riding my bike tomorrow. I'm damn sure I won't be able to do class on Friday.

Ouch.

No comments: