Friday, July 10, 2009

Blooddendum

While I'm unconvinced who would come out on top in a Saya vs Buffy fight, I am quite certain that Saya would make sushi out of Edward.

Sorry, Twilight fans.

Okay, I'm not really sorry.

I'm actually wondering how a Buffy vs. Saya fight would play out.

On Buffy's side, she's the Slayer. She's super-strong, super-fast, and can take incredible amounts of physical punishment. She's adept with a variety of weapons, resourceful, and has that whole Slayer-lineage thing.

On Saya's side, she's 400+ years old, super-strong, super-fast, and can take incredible amounts of physical punishment. She's very adept with the katana but is capable of using other things as weapons (gratings, lead pipes, etc.) and has a monster-lineage thing.

It's pretty even. Saya might be at a disadvantage where modern technology becomes a deciding factor, but Buffy wasn't really a techie, so maybe not.

Yes, I have given this a lot of thought.

I've got this with my "Enterprise vs. the Death Star" scenario.

I've even wondered how the Saya v. Buffy fight would play out. What if it were set in Japan and they both had to do the schoolgirl uniform thing?

Wow. I wonder if I just invented a variation on a fetish?

Nah. I'm sure there's anime out there that amply covers that.

No comments: