Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Aura Massage

What's exciting:

Blood the Last Vampire opens Friday. If Buffy the Vampire Slayer were a Japanese schoolgirl (who just happens to also be a vampire... at least in the anime), then Blood would be her story.

Whee!

I'm also kind of excited about Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, even though that was my least-favorite of the books. I'm hoping the movie has a bit less of the angsty bullshit. Oh, I think Rowling captured the whiny nature of a teenage boy brilliantly, but as someone who never outgrew his angsty teen years, I didn't feel I needed to see someone else's issues. It's a preference.

I've been told that there's a sister-bar to Bourbon & Branch called The Rickhouse.

New quality bars make me happy.

It also helps that I'm technically more than half-done with my work week. Sleeping in for three days will be nice.

---
I've got a game this weekend with my fellow nerds. I'm prepped for materials, but having a tough time getting psyched for it. All the background junk I have feels more crushing and overwhelming than fun and inspiring.

Yes, I'm whining about a role-playing game. Humor me.
---
I've decided to try to convert one of my co-workers to the Church of Gaiman. I'm going to start her on Good Omens and see how it goes. If she likes, I'm guessing her husband will also enjoy. That will potentially add two converts to the cause.

Before they know it they'll memorize NeverWhere and BART will never seem the same again. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

1 comment:

Aaron Britton said...

Don't forget to give her "The Graveyard Book". Just finished the book, just awesome.