Saturday, July 18, 2009

Great Fun

We celebrated Erik's birthday in the city last night.

It was pretty much pure awesome.

We met at his home in the hotter parts of the Bay Area and sweltered a bit until piling into the limo.

Yeah, a limo.

We trucked as a group (a good 7 of us, all told) to Magnolia Brewing in the Haight. I'm sure it was quite a sight. Several of us bore multiple tattoos. I had my fancy pork-pie hat and my shillelagh as a walking cane (my leg was/is still kind of hosed). The ladies were all quite striking and each held to a distinct style.

We had an excellent meal complimented by excellent beer. The scenery was nice too.

After that, we chanced a trip out to The Rickhouse. It was packed but looked pretty fantastic. We tried to order a round of absinthe, but we were running out of time to meet our Bourbon & Branch reservations, so we took off a few minutes later.

B&B was calmer than the Rickhouse. Far more sedate. It was also hot as hell inside.

Still, we got a choice table and enjoyed many of the fine concoctions that establishment provides.

One of our number had to leave early-ish, so we limo'd back to Erik's house and that was the evening.

Good times.

I'm thinking all the booze may have helped loosen my leg muscles. I can walk easier today. Still twinges, but not nearly as bad.

Mmm... alchohol...

And best of all, I still get another day before I can tell Erik he's old. Heh.

No comments: