Thursday, June 19, 2008

Time crawls by

Thursday took an awfully long time to get here.

Seriously. It feels like months ago that it was Monday and today is only Thursday?

Ye gods.

---

[Gaming rant - ignore if uninterested]
It's looking like I might just cut to the chase and end the email session early. The pacing between the two groups is too far off. One of the groups really only has one person participating and there's only so much I can do with the other group... they'll quickly get tired of "oh my goodness! Terrible, undefeatable monster! Run run run!"

Yawn.

I should've done the prep for this better. Oh well. Another life lesson.
[end gaming rant - I bet you're still uninterested]

---

Looking for Group is pre-selling Lil' Richard (Lil' Dick?) plushies!!!!!

For the uninitated, Looking for Group is the creation of mad genius by the brain trust that created the brilliant Looking for Group webcomic. The character of Richard, Chief Warlock of the Brothers of Darkness, Lord of the Thirteen Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead, and Mayor of a little village up the coast (very scenic in springtime, you should visit sometime), aka "Dick", is a homicidal, undead warlock with a flair for mayhem and destruction.

My favorite character of that webcomic. And I love all the characters.

Ryan Sohmer, the creator of both Looking for Group and Least I Could Do is one of my current heroes. If I grow up, I want to be kind of like him (apparently I already have the hairstyle).

Of course, I've pre-ordered a plushie. Might wind up being a birthday present to myself, if all goes well.

---

On the topic of birthdays, I find myself rethinking the grand plan for my next annual thing. Initially, I considered renting a bar, inviting everyone I know, and having a pissup.

A grand idea, but there's a lot of logistics (mainly money... and we're in a recession).

Alternate options are just crashing a bar or two, having dinner at some place with lots of space (the City offers many options), or possibly a BBQ in some park somewhere.

The latter option intrigues me, 'cause then I won't alienate the large block of friends I have who don't drink.

So... I guess I still have stuff to think about. I should get on that soonish.

No comments: