Monday, June 30, 2008

Another weekend over

All said, this was a pretty eventful weekend.

Friday night I met up with one of my friends for a "writing group" thingie that was quite productive. There was beer involved and we wound up at Thalassa for a pint.

I admit that it wasn't terribly productive to go to Thalassa, but the scenery was nice. Made me feel like a fossil, but at least I got to enjoy the sights.

*sigh*

Saturday... not so awesome. Initial plans fell through (big surprise) and I felt pretty sick for most of the day (thanks wood smoke!) so I wasn't exactly super-productive.

Then "The Girls Rebel Force of Competitive Swimmers" DVD arrived. Needless to say, this is pretty much trash. Mmm... trash. Perfect compliment to "Machine Girl".

Sunday, after family time, I met up with Steve and we hit a showing of Wanted.

This movie ROCKED!

It was sort of "Fight Club" meets "The Matrix". Oh, the plot was silly, but it didn't need to be serious. It was a fun flick and I have to say that I enjoyed every moment of it from start to finish.

And I honestly can't say that about many movies.

Thus far, "Iron Man" and "Wanted" have really, really pleased me. "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" wasn't bad either.

I'm hoping to find time to hit "Wall-E" at some point over the upcoming three-day weekend, inbetween all the other madness.

No comments: