Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Red Sunrise and Black Coffee

Walked to Peet's just now.

The sun was rising as a magnificent red ball hovering just over the hills. Looked like something out of "Lord of the Rings" for a moment, amidst the greyish haze that passes for air.

I took pictures, but my little pocket camera won't do the scene justice.

I'm not sure pictures can.

It was really beautiful and kind of ominous with the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

This was one of those moments where I'm really glad I'm a morning person. The streets and buildings are quiet. With that strange, reddish sunrise, it makes this place look eerie and otherworldly.

If I thought I was dreaming, my first sip of my small cup of Peet's snapped me out of that. I don't add cream or sugar. It's midnight-colored liquid darkness for this little addict.

And damn is it bitter.

Seems I'm feeling all poetical this here mornin'.

I must've bumped my head or something.

No comments: