Monday, June 2, 2008

Goddamn wind

Saturday was chilly and foggy. Sunday was warmish and sunny.

This morning? Wind.

Why the hell do I always manage to hit wind when I ride my bike? And why does the wind change direction to make certain it's blowing against the way I'm going? What did I ever do to the wind?

Gah.

The weather wonks predict gusty wind tomorrow and Wednesday. Hmph. I was trying not to drive so much (gas is gettin' a mite expensive), but I may reconsider.

---

So "Lost" had its finale on Thursday. I'm re-watching the two hour program, mainly because so much happened in it. I quite enjoyed it. I hope the producers are lying when they claim the next couple of seasons will be slower-paced. This fast-paced season was pretty damn awesome.

---

BSG: So I've had the weekend to digest the Friday episode of Battlestar Galactica.

It wasn't as bad as I'd feared, but it wasn't really all that good. The main plot point around Adama Jr. was somewhat predictable but handled clumsily. The secondary plot point around Adama Sr. was less-predictable and even more clumsy.

I think overall I'm disappointed with it. Sad, really.

---

Okay, I got the geeky stuff out of the way. My cube-neighbor just scared the holy shit out of me by getting into the office a few minutes ago. Usually I'm the first (and only) person on my floor for a few hours.

I may not need a second cup of coffee. Then again, adrenaline-induced shock wears off quickly...

No comments: