Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A mix of tricks

I hit TJ's yesterday and, in addition to other junk, found some "sugar free chocolate chip cookies".

Damn but they're good.

I may need to buy a few more bags. Damnit.

===

I got my writing mojo back (such as I've ever had writing mojo). Started hammering away on my primary fantasy story. I may even get around to the secondary one at some point. I'm still trying to figure out how to handle the sci-fi story.

The problem isn't the overall ideas (well, not entirely). The problem is making characters who aren't "Mary Sue's". For those unfamiliar with the term, a "Mary Sue" is a sort of "super character" who can do everything well. Examples: Sherlock Holmes, Nancy Drew, MacGyver, etc.

I think that's something I get from role-playing games. The temptation to create a "Mary Sue" is overwhelming at times.

Ah well. At least I'll have something for writing group if we meet this Friday.

===

So Tim advised me that his wife is safely back in the US with her mother and her niece, whom I affectionately call "Yuno-hime" (at least when talking to Tim about her).

It's kind of neat to see how excited my old buddy is over his visiting niece. Having met her (a few years back), I can understand. She's a darling kid.

Hopefully I'll be able to touch-base during their visit.

===

I'm determined to take advantage of the lull in my work schedule to clean up outstanding issues with my desk.

Wonder how far I'll get?

No comments: