Thursday, June 19, 2008

Burning the Notice

"Burn Notice" finally came into the local store. Got me season one on DVD.

I love this show!

Loves it!

It's hard to go wrong with Bruce Campbell in any kind of supporting role. Really is.

Now I can get my folks hooked up properly... after I refresh myself on the Burn Notice Awesomeness of it all.

---

I've never claimed to be subtle.

People who know me freely note that I'm as subtle as a brick through a window. I can be tactful, but subtle? Nah. I've been described as someone who "wears his heart on his sleeve" (which, btw, stains something fierce), as crass (I disagree with that), as obnoxious (that, I agree with), as someone who "shows a great deal of tension", as someone who "emotes a lot", etc.

I don't deny it. I don't particularly enjoy playing mind-games or constructing elaborate fantasies to hide how I feel about something.

I can do the "games" thing. I'm a pretty good liar, but I don't particularly like to do it. I'm lazy and I don't enjoy the maintenance that a good lie requires. I can be tactful and diplomatic, and am when situations call for it. The fact that I haven't had someone throw a punch at me (outside of sparring) in a few decades is proof of that.

Besides, I get all my "fantasy" stuff taken care of by RPGs. Between that, books, movies, and TV, I have enough fantasy in my life.

So I find myself continually amused when someone points out to me that I'm very obvious, as though that's some kind of revelation.

I say Holmes. Good show.

Carry on. Pip-pip!

And... duh!

No comments: