Thursday, June 5, 2008

Hmph

So Borders issued another nice 30% off coupon on top of my $5 of "Borders Bucks".

So I just had to spend it.

Frakkers.

I thought about getting "Shadow Gate", the sequel to "Spirit Gate", but it's in hardback and I hate lugging those things around. Charles the Book Pimp mentioned "Winterborn" by Brian Ruckley, so I grabbed that after reading the synopsis. Sounds promising.

And, just to make the coupon worthwhile, I picked up another "Dr. Who" DVD. I went old-school and got the Jon Pertwee era story "The Sea Devils". Classic Roger Delgado as the Master plus horrible 70's outfits and effects.

Wholesome cheese to offset the horrific, exploitative bloodfest that was "The Machine Girl".

And by that, I mean I really loved "The Machine Girl". It was so over-the-top gorey in its violence that I couldn't help but laugh.

Truthfully, it's quite a sick movie. Not for the faint of heart by any stretch of imagination. Thankfully I have a small cadre of freaks I work with who like these kinds of dystfunctional flicks. I've already loaned it out to one of 'em.

Ay carumba.

No comments: