Thursday, June 12, 2008

Beer, Movie Goodness, and other stuff

So last night I caught an encore performance of "Iron Man" at the Cerrito Speakeasy. Beer + "Iron Man" = good times.

That is a great movie. With beer it's aces.

Alas, I misunderstood how many folks were coming so:

A) I didn't get enough seats together

B) I didn't even think to suggest buying tix for all of us in advance

As a result, we could've gotten better seats if I'd arrived earlier and the show sold out, meaning one of us missed out completely.

In retrospect, I probably should've swapped out my seat. I mean, I'd seen "Iron Man" already.

Ah well. Such are the things I think of after the superhero flick.

===

In unrelated, but amusing news, my telescope walking stick arrived. Getting it home on my bike was an interesting exercise in applied comedy.

I'm not a big "Steampunk" person, but doodads like this are pretty fun. Not terribly practical, but amusing.

I really shouldn't waste money on crap like this, but I'm a sucker for clever stuff.

===

One of my friends mailed me pics of family in Japan, including one of the kids who is going to stay with him and his wife for a month and some change.

They're adorable kids, I must say. Yasuyo and Shun, their parents, are very proud (and rightly-so). It's cute to see Tim and Kaori all glowing with pride over their niece and nephews.

No comments: