Monday, June 16, 2008

BSG

So last Friday had the final "Battlestar Galactica" for 2008. They're on mid-season hiatus until some unspecified date in 2009 when they're supposed to wrap the series.

And, per tradition, they did a cliffhanger.

And what a cliffhanger it was.

Sweet bejebus.

Without going into specifics, it was a very fast-paced episode. A little too fast-paced. They could've done some revelations earlier and spread out some of the reactions over a couple of eps, but what's done is done.

The plot took some turns that made me scratch my head. Initially, I've always thought that the human characters are just too stupid to survive. I still hold to that, but now I'm seeing that the Cylons are just as inconsistent and stupid.

There's a lot of dumb to go around, I guess.

The last five to ten minutes are awfully purdy. The final scene looked like a rock video and was pretty much what I was expecting, based on the circumstances.

Overall, I've been disappointed with season four of BSG, but I know I'll watch the balance of the season in 2009. It's like a train wreak. I can't turn away.

No comments: