Friday, March 1, 2013

A bit of Friday blathering

I love BoingBoing. They may well be my favorite read on the Internet.

Thanks to them, I'm hooked on Corey Doctorow's dystopian "Little Brother"/"Homeland" books.

And they seem to be on my wavelength in a truly disturbing fashion. See this.

Totally something I'd buy: the Titanium Escape Ring.

My love of shiny titanium things coupled with a James Bond-esque bit of functionality would make me eye this with favor. Not as cool as Titanium "Man" Ring, but it's pretty swank.

A shame the escape ring seems to come in only one size. [EDIT: I'm wrong. They say they special-order other sizes.] Oh, and it's not currently available for sale.

It would compliment the "Man Ring" (love that name) and the TiBolt pen that I can't seem to stop fiddling with.



A moment's insanity last night led me down the rabbit hole. I started (*gasp*) housecleaning. I have to figure out what to do with a lot of junk that's too nice to toss in the trash but too random to just drop at Goodwill. Though maybe Goodwill would be into it. Hard to say.

I'm limited in some of the heavier housecleaning by injury. I can't lift especially heavy things at the moment which rules out a lot of crap.

Oh well. It'll give me something to do in the future.



Today's entry in the "Worst Case Scenario" daily calendar has a chart of edible plants of the desert. If we don't get rain soon, I expect this little entry might be very useful.

Melodramatic? Me?



It's bothering me a lot that "Arrow" is probably my favorite show on TV right now. Not that I watch a lot of TV anymore.



It's freakin' March. The horrors of Daylight Saving Time starts in a little over a week. Spring hits ten days later. Time no longer flies. It's doing the Kessel Run in the Millennium Falcon.

No comments: