Monday, March 4, 2013

Excitement

Today's determined to stress me out. Between software/network issues and account alerts, I'm pretty on-edge.

I could use less of this excitement in my life.



Learned "knife defense" yesterday. So what that amounts to is "if you see someone coming at you with a knife, run."

I already have experience with running away from people holding sharp implements that they'd like to violently introduce to my tender body, so I had that down. The rest of the tips were kinda cool too.



In today's "Worst Case Scenario" calendar advice: gestures to avoid. So apparently when folks are done drinking, they up-end the empty glass and put it on the bar instead of just telling the bartender "I'm done".

Fascinating. Even more fascinating is that in "some pubs in Australia" this apparently signals a belief that you can kick anyone's ass in said bar.

So the lesson here: don't up-end the damn glass unless you're Bruce Lee reincarnated.

No comments: