Monday, March 25, 2013

The Right Fit

Cool Tools has a review of the Honda Fit today.

I recently paid off the balance of my car loan for my Fit (I call it "My Precioussssss" in my best homage to Gollum) and this article strikes a chord with me.

Since getting the Precioussss, I've been barraged by my dealership with offers to trade it in on a new model for "top dollar". I'm given to understand there's a demand for used Fits out there.

Ain't no way I'm going back into car payment land or giving up my car without some extreme circumstances. I haven't been this besotted with an automobile since I first started driving back in [insert ancient era here]. Kudos to my friend V for putting the idea in my mind to even look at the Fit.

The Fit is a joy. At first I was concerned with the small trunk space, but the car's configurable storage is remarkable. The back seats fold every which way, allowing one to get stuff into the car from either the hatch-back rear or from the sides (the doors open a full ninety-degrees).

And this puppy can corner like a dream.

The milage is pretty solid. I do lots of city street driving, so my milage isn't anything to write home about but the times I've taken it the distance, I've noticed it does quite well.

The Fit is just an insanely-fun car. If you have the chance, I'd recommend trying to take one on a test drive, just to see how it feels.

No comments: