Monday, March 18, 2013

Erin go braugh - a little late

This was the first St. Paddy's Day in my adult memory in which I didn't do anything particularly debauched to celebrate.

Might have been 'cause it was on a Sunday, but I was pretty much doing nothing the days before.

Lack of funds helps. This month hit me with some heavy unexpected expenses. Part of it was a simple lack of motivation. I wasn't up to the crowds in the bars. I'm still recovering from a neck/shoulder problem that's frankly making me all kinds of grouchy.

And I'm - weirdly enough - just not craving the booze.

That's not to say this weekend was dry. Gave a local beer place another try. Had a whiskey sour with the family on actual St. Paddy's. Gotta honor personal traditions, after all.

I'm stil fried from goddamn DST. That doesn't help.

No comments: