I shudder to think.
Managed to scald my hand with boiling water yesterday. Now when any hot water touches my hand at all, it's like acid is getting poured on the scalded parts. Good times when I'm taking a hot shower.
Today's "Worst Case Scenario" calendar entry is about cockroaches:
- A cockroach can hold its breath for more than 30 minutes.
- A roach can live for a week without its head. Of course, there's entire swathes of humanity that can live without a brain for their entire lives, so color me unimpressed.
- Cockroaches need water and will die after a week without it. Given that humans tend to die after three days from dehydration... just... yeah. Another mark to you, roaches!
- Roaches have been around for hundreds of millions of years. And they ain't goin' anywhere.
- A cockroach can handle radiation equivalent to the radiation released from a detonated nuke.