Saturday, May 2, 2009

Wow

Yesterday was just crazy. How did I survive it?

After work, I hastened to class in the pouring rain. Somehow I survived class. I'm not entirely sure how that happened. I then ran like hell (in the same pouring rain) to the train (poet and I didn't know it!), then ran from my train stop to my apartment.

Again. Wet. And by now cold.

I took a hot shower and cleaned up. And by this point, I was not feeling good. I was starting to suspect my "allergies" were indeed a cold in the making.

Regardless, I toughed up, called V, and drove out to pick her up. We were a-headin' to Coach Sushi to celebrate her birthday. We got there and found good (free!) parking and waited... and waited... for a free table.

MF and X were meeting us there. Mere minutes before a table peopled by a family with hordes of restless rugrats was freed up, MF and X arrived so our standing time together was minimal.

And then we ordered sake and sushi and it began.

For the unenlightened, Coach Sushi (in Oakland) offers great Japanese food and a bottomless sake cup in the cedar pine box cups.

Coach (the guy who pours the sake) makes damn sure that cup is full.

Ye gods.

I had to chill after a bit (as I was the driver). It was a struggle.

After eating our fill of much sushi and other delectable treats, we jaunted back to V's to decompress then exhaustion hit me like a ton of bricks. I withdrew home about 10 and pretty much flew back to my apartment.

I was asleep about ten... fifteen... minutes after I got home. Utterly dead to the world.

I woke up feeling fine, so clearly I didn't have a cold. Good thing.

Damn that was fun. I'm glad my allergies or whatever didn't interfere with dinner.

And now I'm off for more good food with other friends. Wow. I'm a social butterfly!

How... odd.

No comments: