Thursday, May 28, 2009

Space for Rent

I want to whine about things, but the list is too long and I feel too lazy.

Besides, I'd just be retreading stuff I've already whined about.

And whining is unseemly (not that I usually care).

While coming in to work, I noticed the sanitation workers collecting the morning trash. I wonder what that job would be like? If you could get past the early hours and the horrific smell, would it be any different than - say - a paper route?

Interestingly enough, I don't see as many hookers walking around in the morning as I blaze past on my bike. I always wondered what the hell they were doing out so early. Most sane people are asleep. What kind of business is out that early? I probably don't really want to know.

I did notice a rather large fellow walking down the middle of the street in the direction of oncoming traffic (if there had been traffic other than my bicycle that early in the morning).

He seemed coherent and well-groomed. I didn't stop to ask him what his deal was.

Why can't I find music that satisfies on my iPod this morning? Wait, that counts as whining.

No comments: