Thursday, May 28, 2009

Not free, but has style


I got a Leatherman 831078 Freestyle yesterday.

Why?

I wanted one and I got a deal on it.

I already own a Skeletool and LOVE it. I wanted to check out the Freestyle and compare.

So the Freestyle is just a slimmed-down Skeletool, for the most part. It lacks the screwdriver capability as well as the carbiner/bottle opener. On the plus side, it makes the Freestyle smaller, but I do love my Skeletool's screwdriver and carbiner/bottle opener functions.

The 831078 Freestyle has a combo blade with the slight serrated edge rather than the straight edge my particular Skeletool has. My particular Freestyle's pliers are a bit "stickier" than my Skeletool's pliers. Some WD-40 will probably help with that.

And the Freestyle's blade is DAMN sharp. While playing with it (like a true idiot does), I managed to slice open my thumb.

Me smart.

I do like it. I can't say I'll be swapping out my Skeletool anytime soon, but I don't regret the purchase.

No comments: