Sunday, May 3, 2009

Scottevest Woes

Last year-ish I discovered Scottevest, a company that makes jackets and other attire with ridiculous amounts of pockets.

I'm always on the lookout for a nice jacket that has good storage capacity. Mainly 'cause I carry way the hell too much junk.

So over several months I purchased their:

* Essential Men's Jacket
* SeV Cotton Tshirt(s)... I got four, actually
* TEC shirt(s)
* TEC hat
* and recently a Tropical Jacket

Until this weekend, if you'd asked me I would have said I loved their stuff.

Oh, the tshirts had some problems. The pockets are pretty flimsy and rip easily, making them pretty useless for carrying keys and a cell phone.

And then over this weekend, my TEC shirt and Essential Men's Jacket both decided to utterly crap out on me. The zippers - already fussy things - just broke. Completely. I had to rip the zippers open to access the pockets.

To say I'm unsatisfied is an understatement. Scottevest says on their website that they guarantee their products and all that. I could pursue getting the zippers and pockets repaired, but I'm pretty angry right now and the thought of paying to ship garments to Illinois isn't filling me with joy.

Bleah.

No comments: