Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Walking Commentary

I finished Ilona Andrews' latest book: Magic Strikes.

Loved it.

This was a fun, solid adventure romp without getting too fluffy. The dynamic between Kate Daniels and Curran was fun without being excessively "romance-novelly"... and it's pretty romance-novelly in parts.

Now I'm back to re-re-re-reading The Name of the Wind.

I tried to read The Warded Man by Peter V. Brett, but after a couple of chapters it wasn't getting me.

I had the same problem previously with Bitten by Kelly Armstrong, though I forced my way through half of the book before giving up.

I still haven't been able to make myself read Kim Harrison's For a Few Demons More, mostly for the same reasons I didn't like Bitten. Harrison's stuff is too "chicky".

It's a preference thing.

After getting home I got caught up on the Viz media offerings of Naruto Shippuden. Kind of mediocre, but not too bad. One of my friends gave me some episodes of Bleach to watch and I've got a few other things to get caught up on.

I just need time.

I was on a hell-bound tear to get ready for my game on Saturday then one of my friends contacted me to let me know he had to abruptly leave town due to a death in the family.

I feel horrible for him and it's kind of taken the wind out of my sails for the game.

Going to be one of those days.

No comments: