Monday, May 25, 2009

The oddness of a Bay Area Summer

I'm counting down to "Burn Notice" starting again. I do believe the "Reaper" season finale is tomorrow. Can't wait for that.

I'm trying to parse out how the weather forecasters predicted warm-to-hot temps over this weekend. Yesterday it was mid-to-late autumn cold. Seriously. I don't think I saw any actual sunshine yesterday at all.

Today I see something that might actually be sunlight. Maybe. Still chilly outside.

Mind you, I don't have a problem with cool weather. I quite like it. One can always put on more layers and get warm. One can only take off so much in hot weather and stay comfortable. My rampaging Visigoth ancestors left me with a better tolerance for cool weather than my Mediterranean ancestors gave me for warm weather.

I still like to be able to more-or-less plan my wardrobe for the day. I mean, it was chilly inland yesterday. That's pretty rare in May.

'Tis Memorial Day. It's a day when one should take a moment to remember the sacrifices of our armed forces.

While I'm seriously trying to observe that by keeping the spirit of the holiday in mind, I also find myself looking through my movie collection for something that tickles my fancy.

So of course I'm watching a marathon of "Firefly" and "Serenity".

No comments: