Thursday, May 7, 2009

A smattering of utterances and pronouncements

I watched my recording of last night's "Lost". It was an utter delight of time-travelly wonkiness and had the added bonus of actually making me start to like the character of John Locke again.

You have no idea what an accomplishment the writers have wrought with that.

Try saying "writers have wrought" twenty times. Really. Try it.

Fun, isn't it?

So I also tried one of my 250 anniversary Guinnesses (Guinni? What's the singular of Guinness? Guinness? Whatever). It was quite delicious and had an unusual flavor to it.

I approve.

I had to hit the laundromat today in order to get laundry done thanks to my neighbors dominating our tiny apartment building laundry room. It was a pricey visit, but worth it. I got everything done in an incredibly fast time and got to relax with The Name of the Wind while doing so.

I'm now past Kvothe's time in Tarbean, which was really my least-favorite part of this novel.

And I love all of this novel with a passion beyond words. I love it so much that I actually want Patrick Rothfuss to take his time with the next book so it's just right.

His words are ambrosia.

Woot.

No comments: