Saturday, May 3, 2008

What's with the blog?

Um... I dunno. It was an accident, for the most part. I needed to create it to accomplish a snarky task and decided to do some brain dumps to stave off boredom.

So for now, it's an exercise. When I get bored with this, I'll probably delete it.

Until then, I intend to blab about whatever comes to mind. And on that topic:

Dr. Who in Pompeii. Kind of an interesting episode, to my surprise. I quite enjoyed it. It certainly topped the season opener with the "alien fat babies", although that's not saying much.

BSG seemed to be filler stuff this time around. Nothing substantive happened. A lot of unnecessary buildup and drama. I'm getting a little tired of some of the storylines, actually. The writers are clearly getting lazy or burned-out.

- Starbuck is obviously crazy so let's stand around and let her bring a crazy Cylon aboard (this act cost me a coffee that is now owed to one of my co-workers... damn them)

- Everyone seems to be conveniently forgetting that "Athena"-Sharon is also a Cylon. Shouldn't... I dunno... people listen to her opinion or comment on her Cylon-ness? Just a thought.

- Baltar amuses me but I still think someone needs to riddle him with bullets.

- The "Final Four" Cylons are individually such a bunch of crackheads that it's a wonder the Cylons actually took down the 12 Colonies.

I have to admit I'm finding myself disenchanted with BSG after having watched this episode. You'd think that with the show ending they'd try to spend more time ramping up main storyline stuff and concluding things instead of taking side-trips down crazy-people lane.

I guess I expect too much from my TV shows.

No comments: