Friday, May 2, 2008

Friday

Woke up grouchy for no good reason I can think of.

Tonight's adventures will involve a trek to scenic Port Costa. Where is Port Costa, you ask? Well, it's described here and here.

Why am I going to Port Costa?

Apparently there's a very interesting bar there known as the "Warehouse Cafe" which is set in a... wait for it... warehouse.

Port Costa has a rough population of 232 people and it has a Wikipedia article. WTF??

Tonight's gonna be weird.

Interestingly enough the Wikipedia article links off to all sorts of random stuff I didn't know about the area. I had no idea eastern Contra Costa County had so many ghost towns.

Might make for an interesting day trek at some point.

I keep meaning to hit the Black Diamond Mines. Rumor has it that it's haunted. There's also supposed to be some kind of old Native American artwork cave on EBMUD lands near Mt. Diablo.

Adventures for the future, I suppose.

No comments: